100% Online, 30-Credit Master’s Degree in Research Methods, Measurement, and Evaluation (RMME)
Focus on Program Evaluation, Psychometrics, & Research Methods
Earning a degree in Research Methods, Measurement, and Evaluation will prepare you to formulate concrete research and evaluation questions, select appropriate research designs and evaluation methods to investigate these questions, construct research and evaluation tools to collect high-quality data, use statistics to analyze gathered data, and interpret quantitative data analyses to inform decision making and policy.
The University of Connecticut's Master's of Arts in Research Methods, Measurement, and Evaluation (RMME MA) is a 100%-online, 30 credit-hour program consisting of 6 core courses paired with 4 electives. Offered through the Neag School of Education’s Educational Psychology Department, the RMME MA places extensive focus on research methods, techniques, and practices; quantitative data analysis; educational measurement; and program or policy evaluation. The RMME MA program is designed to create versatile practitioners, capable of engaging in multiple fields across disciplines.
Both intellectually stimulating and rigorous, this 100% online, research-based degree promotes the use of Research Methods, Measurement, and Evaluation skills through a blend of theoretical knowledge and hands-on applications to facilitate research and program evaluation practice. You will learn measurement, data analysis, and evaluation techniques used daily in schools, industry and corporate environments, military entities, federal or state/local governments, and other formal or informal educational settings.
The RMME program's outstanding faculty are committed to providing:
- Well-organized, interactive online course curricula with clear learning objectives and expectations
- Exposure to a diverse array of theories and practices within the fields of research and evaluation
- Student-faculty interaction that encourages your professional development
- Support in building a network of classmates & peers with whom you will continue to connect into the future
The Research Methods, Measurement & Evaluation online master’s degree program is designed for educators and various practitioners ranging from corporate training & learning designers through sales force management seeking program evaluation expertise. Further, it is an ideal option for recent college graduates currently in or entering the workforce, who want want to increase their professional marketability and/or move into the research side of education.
RMME's asynchronous, online coursework focuses on current and emerging topics in areas related to:
- Classical and modern measurement theory and applications
- Instrument development
- Quantitative research methods
- Program evaluation
- Educational statistics
- Educational assessment
- Return on Investment (ROI) Assessment, and more!
Credits earned in UConn's online RMME master's may also be transferable to UConn's Program Evaluation Online Graduate Certificate.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
The RMME Admissions Committee reviews all completed submissions after the application deadline.
Please submit your application materials no later than:
June 16: Fall Term
November 3: Spring Term
March 22: Summer Term
Why RMME Online at UConn?
As an R1 Research University (the highest designation of research activity for an institution of higher education), you can rest assured that all of UConn's academic programs feature the most relevant and current research-informed content. Our faculty have strong national and international reputations as recognized subject matter experts. And all of our online RMME courses are designed and taught by the same UConn faculty that teach in our campus-based programs.
- Learn from renowned faculty, whose work is some of the most relevant and highly esteemed in the field.
- Access full-time RMME faculty members throughout your studies--including your own personal academic advisor.
- Enjoy the flexibility of online learning, and attend class from anywhere in the world.
- Study with top students and researchers from across disciplines.
- Engage in thoughtfully constructed, online courses designed by faculty with years of experience.
- Develop your RMME skills through proven practices that facilitate high-quality work and accurate assessment.